About Us

                Now                                    Ellet High School  Then

History of Ellet High School

Ellet High School was built in 1950 and additions were made to the building in 1957, 1975 and 1987. The bulk of the land in the Ellet District was purchased in 1810 from Simon Perkins by three sons of Samuel Ellet, an early settler who moved into the area that year. The Ellet District was annexed to the city of Akron in 1929 and became part of Akron Public Schools the same year. 

Ellet High School on Woolf Avenue opened in 1950, and replaced an older Ellet High School on Canton Road which served both elementary and high school students. The land of that facility is now known as Ritzman Community Learning Center.

The brand new Ellet Community Learning Center was dedicated on August 24, 2019. 
Ellet CLC is the 36th community learning center constructed under the nearly 20-year building program. Funded by Akron city taxpayers and by the state of Ohio.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.